This one is another scarf of leftovers, this time using leftover yarn from my Hue Shift Afghan (in every colour of the rainbow) and a bit of teal from my Opie hat. You might notice that this scarf is therefore 100% acrylic. Not my favourite, but certainly practical for a kid.
I used all of the colours (except the violet from the weft) to wind the warp, mostly in random single stripes, with a few doubled. I had tons of the violet, which is why I chose to use it for the weft, but not quite enough to do the whole weft with it, so I considered a few options for stripes. In the end, I did a 4:2 ratio, with 4 picks of violet to 2 picks of an alternate colour. I did wide bands of the colours rather than changing up the alternate colour a lot, mostly because it would leave me with fewer ends to weave in. With wool it's not so bad, because the ends will felt into the fabric somewhat, but with acrylic, I'm a bit more worried about things working themselves loose, so I figured the fewer ends the better.
I'm really happy with this one - I think it's pretty wild and some kid will love it!